Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Even In Old Age

Brian and I stayed at the K-3 Ranch Bed and Breakfast in Cody, Wyoming. The house was artistically designed and built by Jerry, who is the owner. Jerry can be spotted in the picture below underneath the Tee-Pee cooking breakfast, along with his wife Betty, who is sitting down, his efficient staff member Debbie, and my husband drinking his morning coffee.


This was our room. It is called the Teton Room, named after the nearby mountain range called the Tetons. The town of Jackson is built in the Teton Mountain Range. This is where the famous actor Harrison Ford lives.


The mural in our bedroom is of the Teton mountains.


The house had amazing artifacts Jerry inherited and collected over they years. Jerry's father, now deceased, was the Sheriff of Park County Wyoming. Jerry's mother, who is now almost 101, still comes over to weed the flower gardens.


This is the picture of the view from the balcony outside our bedroom the first morning we were there. It was breathtaking.


Here is a close-up picture of Jerry with his two trick horses. Each horse greeted him with a kiss.


I immediately fell in love with Jerry because he reminded me of my beloved Grandfather. He even took me for a ride on his ATV. I got sprayed with mud going through a creek, but I didn't care. I had fun! After we left, he told me I was his favourite and cutest guest. Jerry is seventy-nine years old and an Elder in his Protestant Church. He is a testimony of God's friendly character to all those who come to stay at his home.

"Even in old age
they will still produce fruit;
they will remain vital and green."
Psalm 92:14 (NLT)


This is the dirt road leading into Jerry's property. Cody is beautiful and so are the people!


I felt sad to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment