Monday, September 09, 2013

"Oh Give Me A Home . . ."

Brian and I got back yesterday from a week's holiday in Cody, Wyoming and we had the best time of our lives! It was a twelve and a half hour drive to Cody, but the hours seemed to fly by. The scenery was so magnificent and serene, Brian and I never became tired of it even though we left at 3:00 in the morning.

I can now say I know the meaning of the song entitled, "Home on the Range". Every day in Cody, especially at dawn and dusk, I saw many deer and antelope frolicking and eating together in the same fields.


The fawns were so cute to watch. They were the most playful.


All the wild animals we saw were healthy and happy. There was so much land and food for them to roam and feed on.


This was actually the first time in my life I saw antelopes roaming free. Here is a close-up picture of one.


On one of the early mornings, this antelope in pictured in the middle stopped to look at my camera with curiosity.


I found antelopes to be quite photogenic.


In the evening, the landscaped glowed a golden color creating even more of a spectacular backdrop for pictures


Like these deer and antelope roaming free in vast richness, we as Christians are to live the same, not using our freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as blessed servants of the graciousness of God.

"Live as people who are free,
not using your freedom 
as a cover-up for evil,
but living as servants of God."
1 Peter 2:16 (ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment