Thursday, September 12, 2013

Like The Horn Of A Wild Ox

The east entrance to Yellowstone National Park was only one hour away from Cody, Wyoming. I loved seeing the wild buffalo roaming free there. I must have seen at least 200 of them in one day.


There are approximately 450,000 buffaloes in Yellowstone.


The Native Americans revere the Yellowstone buffaloes because they are pure descendants of the vast herd that once roamed the United States.


I got out of the car to get up close to take a picture of these two on the side of the road. A man was doing the same with his wife yelling at him in the background for being so senseless. Then he saw me come up beside him, looked back at his wife and said, "Well, she isn't afraid!" I am not blind either. I didn't think these buffaloes looked ready to attack.


Over three million people visit Yellowstone National Park each year. I am sure the buffaloes are used to getting their picture taken. This one stopped for me, so I could take his out of my car window.

When I look at these wild buffaloes, I am reminded on this verse.

"You've grown my strength
like the horn of a wild ox;
I was anointed with fresh oil."
Psalm 92:10 (ISV)

As each of us continue to live in Christ, we grow in strength like the horn of a wild ox. We are anointed with fresh oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment