Saturday, September 21, 2013

The Ways And Wisdom Of Ants

This is me holding a Horned Lizard which is commonly called a Horned Toad because it looks more like a toad than a lizard. It isn't long and skinny with a pointed snout like most lizards, but rounded and stout with a blunt nose. It also has two horns on its head.


I was the only one in the Wild Mustang Tour group who wanted to hold it when the Tour Guide discovered it. I thought it was cute!

Horned Toads eat ants and there are a lot of ants in Wyoming! Everywhere I went I had to watch my step! looking for little mounds of sand and gravel, because they are homes to Fire Ants.


Fire Ants sting people.


However, I stopped at one ant home to watch the ants for a while, considering their ways. They were always busy working and providing food for the colony. There was not one that was lazy.

"Go to the ant,
you sluggard;
consider its ways
and be wise."
Proverbs 6:6 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment