Monday, December 23, 2013

Blessed Are Those Who Are Invited

When my son Matthew and I went to a cooking class last Saturday, my favourite recipe was the one below:

Cranberry Sauce

Part A:
3 cups of frozen cranberries
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of raisins
1 cup of vinegar
1/2 teaspoon of chili peppers
1 tablespoon of lemon zest

Part B:
1 1/2 cups of cranberry juice
1 tablespoon of cornstarch

Instructions:

1. Bring part A to a boil.
2. Add part B and bring to a boil while stirring. (Once it starts to thicken remove from heat.)

It was so delicious I made some today for Christmas dinner on Wednesday.


I love celebrating Christ's birth by preparing a special meal. I can only imagine what the meal is going to be like when the church is invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb.

"Then the angel said to me,
'Write this: Blessed are those who are invited 
to the wedding supper of the Lamb!'
And he added, 'These are the true words of God.'"
Revelations 9:9 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment