Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Even Though It Seems Impossible, Believe Otherwise


My husband, Brian, and I, and our four sons, will be spending a week during the Christmas holidays in Big Fork, Montana. I have made reservations for us to stay in two cabins: one for Brian and me, and one for our four sons. Unfortunately, our two dogs won't be able to come with us, so I've had to think of other arrangements for them. I didn't want to put them in a kennel, because kennels remind me of jail cells. So I kept thinking. I thought some more, but nothing happened. Finally, out of desperation, I started phoning the nearby kennels, the top-rated ones first. Unfortunately, they were all booked up, so I ended up phoning a kennel that wasn't on the veterinarian's recommendation list. This kennel's website made the place sound like it was some kind of holiday resort for dogs, so I assumed this kennel didn't make the list because it was located further away.

Well, I was wrong! When Brian and I visited the kennel last weekend, we were sick to our stomachs. It wasn't dirty or smelly, but it certainly wasn't a resort! It was just like I initially thought it would be, a jail for dogs, who only get let out to go to the bathroom. Both Brian and I left despondent, not knowing what to do.

That night, I prayed to God for forgiveness for waiting so long to make arrangements for our dogs, and asked for a miracle.

Then yesterday, when I took our dogs to the vet to get their immunization shots, I talked to their veterinarian about the predicament I was in. She told me to phone this place that offers boarding and daycare for dogs. She said it is not a regular kennel. The dogs play all day in an indoor playground and sleep only at night in their cages. It sounded wonderful, but I hopelessly told her that I already did phone that place, and there were no more spaces available.

However, when I came home, I felt compelled to phone the place again. Even though it was against all reasoning, I did. When I phoned, I was told someone just cancelled moments before I called, so miraculously there was a kennel available for our two dogs. Praise God! This truly is a miracle, because here is a quote off their website: "Christmas and August Long Weekend. These times are the peak boarding seasons. We operate at capacity and have to turn down literally thousands of requests. Therefore, reservations are quite different than the rest of the year."

Even though the reservations this time of the year are quite different, resulting in thousands of requests being turned down, a late reservation is still possible with God.

"Jesus looked at them and said,
'With man this is impossible,
but with God all things are possible.'"
Matthew 19:26 (NIV)

I am glad I ignored what my brain was saying and acted on what I felt my spirit was saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment