Sunday, December 22, 2013

Even Fools Are Thought Wise To Keep Silent

My son Matthew was a body guard in the adult Christmas drama this morning in church. For a prop, Mathew used his air soft pistol which he carried in a black holster.


After the service, Matthew put his air soft gun in my purse to keep out of the reach of the children. Then on the way home from church, I stopped at a gas station to fill my car up with gas. The pay at the pump machine wasn't working at the station, so I had to go inside to pay. When I went inside, I had to take Matthew's gun out of my purse first before I could get out my wallet. Not thinking, (which is something I do occasionally), I placed the gun which was in the holster on the counter. As soon as I did, I realized what I had done. I looked up to see the horror on the teller's face, as she saw the horror on mine. "It's not real!" I said. "It was a prop for a Christmas play in church!"

The cashier gave me a, "Yeah right!" look. Thinking it was wiser now to keep silent than explain myself any more, I put the gun back in my purse, smiled, paid the bill, wished her a merry Christmas and left.

"Even fools are thought wise
when they keep silent'
with their mouths shut,
they seem intelligent."
Proverbs 17:28  (NLT)

On the way home my sons kept nervously looking behind them to see if there was a police following us after I told them what happened. When we arrived home without further incident, Matthew immediately removed his gun from my purse. 

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy reading your blogs Sandra. Have a blessed Christmas with family and friends. I look forward to continued readings in 2014,
    Carolyn (Kamloops)

    ReplyDelete