Saturday, December 21, 2013

Too Much Honey


This afternoon, my son Matthew and I went to a cooking class that was offered to me for free when I bought our new convection oven. The professional cook who taught the class prepared a delicious turkey dinner with all the trimmings. Since my son has food allergies and was too embarrassed to leave food on his plate, I ate all the foods he couldn't eat. I am now stuffed!

Even though the food was amazing, too much of it was not a good thing. And just like too much delicious food or honey is not good, neither is it good to search out one's own glory.

"It's not good
to eat too much honey,
and it's not good
to seek honours for yourself."
Proverbs 25:27 (NLT)

As God's children we are to live for the glory of God and tell the world how glorious He is. It is not praiseworthy for us to praise ourselves or seek the praise of others.

"Sing about the glory of His Name!
Tell the world how glorious He is."
Psalm 66:2 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment