Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Favour Of The Lord

Brian and I arrived in Edmonton last night at 11:05 PM, but it was 2:05 AM Prince Edward Island time. After the Westjet plane took off from Charlottetown at 6:45 PM, tears ran freely down my cheeks as I looked down upon that beautiful province covered in clear skies. Prince Edward Island superseded all my expectations. If there ever is a place here on earth close to heaven, it is PEI. It is such a natural, mostly untouched island with extraordinary artistry that reveal the majestic hand of God in creation. The richness of the red rocks and sands that border the deep blue ocean waters and the lush green vegetation is a heart-stopping wonder to behold.

Everywhere we went God's favour was upon us. It is such a blessing and honour to serve a God that is so good to His children.

"For whoever finds me finds life and receives favour from the Lord."
Proverbs 8:35

Each day the weather was warm and sunny with a slight breeze. The islanders told us it was their best week of summer. On the last day, we had a mild storm caused by Hurricane Maria. There was only a mist-like rain in the early morning, but moderately strong winds. I was in my glory walking the beaches with the waves crashing against the shores. God knows I love the wind and blessed me with a storm on the last day.

Not only that, but being conservative with money, I made reservations for the economy room at an inn near Cavendish beach. When we arrived, we were given the keys to the executive room at the gatehouse, as they needed our room at the inn for a group of people traveling on a tour bus. We were only charged the much lower rate, but enjoyed the extravagance of this beautiful room.

Here are some pictures of the gatehouse where we stayed.


The flower gardens on the property were numerous and beautiful, and each window had its own window box filled with brightly coloured flowers.


This is the foyer of the gatehouse. Everything was decorated in the Victorian style.


The gatehouse had an upstairs, but our room was downstairs.


I loved the shutters on the four windows of our large room. In the picture the upper shutters are open.

I had a glorious week enjoying God's favour and blessings! He is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment