Friday, September 16, 2011

Little Mandy

Last Christmas, Tim and I acted in the nativity scene. We were shepherds. We were each assigned a sheep to lead onto the stage. Tim's sheep we named Jessie. My sheep was Jessie's daughter, and we named her Mandy.

The sheep were nervous at first, and Mandy even stepped on my toes, but eventually they followed us like . . .  well, like sheep. Mandy even left a little gift next to the frankincense and myrrh.

After the play, Mom bought us smaller counterparts to remember Mandy and Jessie.

Here is a picture of me and Little Mandy:


The Bible says we need to be like sheep, listening to the voice of Jesus and following where He leads.

"My sheep recognize my voice;
I know them, and they follow me."
John 10:27

Little Mandy follows me everywhere. We need to follow God the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment