Thursday, September 01, 2011

Just Call Me Jesus

My youngest son had a job interview this week. He was excited, but definitely nervous. However, my son told me that when the person interviewing him introduced himself by his first name, he was immediately made more comfortable. I thought, "Isn't it interesting that the drop of a title can make that much of a difference?"

Then my thoughts turned to Jesus. Did Jesus request people to call Him by the title of, "King Jesus"? Did He ever get offended or annoyed at people who referred to Him as just, "Jesus"? Does God find it disrespectful when we pray to Him and say, "Dear Jesus," instead of, "Dear Majesty On High," or something to that effect? The answer to these questions is: no.

The Bible says Jesus had a gentle and humble heart, even though He was God, and there is no greater position and authority than God.

"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me,
for I am gentle and humble in heart,
and you will find rest for you souls."
Matthew 11:29

My cat resting during the day:


Like my cat, we can rest.  We find our rest in the presence of God.

People of all ages and walks of life gravitated to Jesus because of His humility. The children, the sick and even the most hated of sinners felt free to come to Jesus at any time. They were never afraid or intimidated. Jesus is the most humble, gentle and sweetest person to be in the presence of.

I believe that we need to make sure that everything we do reveals the humility of Christ in our lives. We don't need titles to boost our egos. When we turn our hearts to Jesus, we become heirs of His Kingdom. In other words, we are now the King's princes and princesses. There is no need for any other title than the title of God' children.

No comments:

Post a Comment