Friday, September 09, 2011

How Many Are Your Works!

Yesterday night, Matthew accompanied me on my walk. The night air was warm with a slight breeze. It still felt very much like summer.

On our path, we saw a crabapple tree. Some of the tree's branches hung heavily over the fence. We stopped to pick and eat a few of the delicious tangy fruit. As I was enjoying the fruit, I envisioned homemade crabapple jelly. I told myself, "Next year I am going to plant a crabapple tree in my yard."


As we continued the walk, we spotted a tree squirrel siting on a fence post. Matthew took the picture.


Later we came across a bunch of geese by a pond's edge. They also seem to be enjoying the long summer. They are definitely not in any hurry to fly South for the winter.


"How many are Your works, Lord
In wisdom You made them all;
the earth is full of Your creatures."
Psalm 104:24

Next time you go for a walk, stop and enjoy the works of God because the earth is full of His beautiful creatures. He even makes the land bring forth the splendorous variety of plants and trees, some of them producing delicious-tasting fruit like the crabapple tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment