Sunday, February 26, 2012

Before A Word Is On My Tongue


When my osteoplasty surgery was completed early Friday afternoon, my surgeon insisted I take three Advils before I left the dental office. Then she handed me a written order to take three more every four hours for the first day, two every four hours for the second day, and one every four hours for the third day, with Tylenol-3's in between as necessary. I protested "sweetly," but she got angry "sweetly," so I submitted to the doctor's persuasive arguments and shallowed three Advils in front of her. (No, I didn't throw the pills underneath the dentist chair when her back was turned. Whatever gave you that idea?) I did succeed, however, in convincing her not to give me the prescription for Tylenol-3's by promising that I would just take extra-strength Tylenols if I needed to. Of course, I didn't tell her that I don't actually keep any extra-strength Tylenols at home.

Anyways, it's been two days since the surgery and, unbelievably, I've not experienced the slightest pain. It feels weird, my face swollen and distorted, my gums are tender, and my husband weakens every time he sees inside my mouth, but that's it! I haven't taken a single Advil or Tylenol since I left the office. Praise God! He took the pain away from my surgery. God knows me so well that He knew even if I was in suffering and in pain I would have been too stubborn to take any more pills.

"You have searched me, Lord,
and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
You perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
You are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue,
You, Lord, know it completely.
You hem me in behind and before,
and You lay Your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain."
Psalm 139:1-6 (NIV)

Before I even asked, God answered my prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment