Thursday, February 02, 2012

You Can't Imagine!

There is so much marvelous beauty in the elements of our natural world: mountains, trees, wild flowers, animals, rivers, lakes, and oceans. I love being outdoors and viewing the splendour of God's work in creation.

The Bible says that Heaven will be beyond anything we have seen or heard here on earth. We can speculate and try to envision what Heaven would look like by thinking of the most beautiful places we have visited here on earth. We can wonder and try to dream what Heaven would sound like by remembering the tranquil sounds of nature we so love to hear. But God says our minds cannot even imagine what Heaven will be like for those who love Him. It is way beyond our most extravagant imaginings!

"No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
and no mind has imagined
what God has prepared for those who love Him."
1 Corinthians 2:9

Not even the eyes of an eagle that soars the skies above have seen a glimpse of heaven:


In the meantime, I delight myself in the artistry of the earth that God so lovingly created for us to enjoy here. In particular, I am excited to announce: Brian and I have planned our next holiday coming this September. Already I have booked flights to Anchorage, Alaska, and made reservations for 8 days, 7 nights at a beautiful Bed and Breakfast there. The best part is that Brian's parents are coming along too! Brian and his dad have always wanted to explore Alaska, so they will finally have their chance. It's going to be so much fun, especially with the new camera I got for Christmas. I can't wait! Certainly not for eight months! That's crazy!

I am going to have to put the trip out of my mind just to keep my sanity. I think I will go for a walk and enjoy the beauty of nature where I live for now. We have been blessed this winter with mild temperatures and and sunny skies. It has been the best winter ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment