Tuesday, February 07, 2012

His Mysterious Ways

Here is a picture that my son, Tim, drew and coloured with pencil crayons. It's copied from a picture on the cover of a Christian book.


"Oh, what a wonderful God we have!
 How great are His riches and wisdom and knowledge!
 How impossible it is for us to understand His decisions and His methods!
For who can know what the Lord is thinking?
Who knows enough to be His counselor?"
Romans 11:33-34 (NLT)

Tim was a young teenager when he drew this picture and gave it to me. I was so mesmerized by the picture on the book's cover that I would gaze and ponder at the unopened book for several minutes before opening the book to read it. I saw myself in the one sheep staring in wonderment at the barn's illumination.

The picture spoke volumes to me because not one of us will ever be able to completely understand or predict the ways and methods of God here on earth and in our own individual lives. It is impossible for anyone to know what the Lord is thinking because God's wisdom and knowledge is so much more superior than ours.

For instance, who would have ever guessed that Jesus, God's only Son, would have been born in a place where animals were kept, and then placed in a manger? God glorious presence filled the most unlikely place.

Today, God still works in mysterious ways. He is beyond our rational thinking. The Bible says God's thoughts are nothing like our thoughts, and His ways are far beyond anything we can imagine.

"'My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts', says the Lord,
'And My ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.'"
Isaiah 55:8 (NLT)

God is indeed wonderful and very mysterious! He is not boring or dull, and knowing Him as Lord and Saviour is exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment