Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Wicked Are Always Cruel To Animals

Yesterday, Matthew and I, for the first time, went shopping at an absolutely huge and famous hunting store. It was totally awesome! We spent over an hour in the store, and Matthew and I left with a leather hat that I bought for him.


The most amazing part of the store, though, was the fifty or so exhibits of full-size, taxidermal animals. These were set up all throughout the store in displays that mimicked the animals' natural habitat: every creature that one might encounter out in the Canadian wilderness: polar bears, grizzly bears, black bears, deer, caribou, moose, wolves, antelope, mountain sheep, lynx, geese, and on and on. I couldn't help but stand close-up and stare.

I love animals. Being in the hunting store made me feel like I was out in nature admiring God's handiwork. I am so amazed at the beautiful creatures that roam our country. How can someone not believe in an intellectual Designer when they see the amazing creativity in the animals of this world?

The Bible says that godly people care for animals, but wicked people are always cruel to them.

"The godly care for their animals,
but the wicked are always cruel."
Proverbs 12:10

Don't get me wrong: I don't think hunting is evil. After all, I was in a hunting store. I just think there are some hunters who are evil and have little respect for wildlife, just like there are people in this world who are cruel to domestic animals.

When I was a teenager, my mother used to always tell me, "Never date a man who hates animals; it's a sign that his true character is bad." I didn't realize it at the time, but my mom was quoting Scripture!

No comments:

Post a Comment