Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Do Not Run From The Sword

Here is another picture that Tim drew when he was a teenager. This one he drew for me for my birthday.


I love watching horses out in the meadows as they graze on the long grass. Whenever we lived near a farm field and I was feeling depressed or overwhelmed by stress, I would go for a walk and look at the horses out in the fields. Immediately, I would be uplifted and energized by these majestic animals. My melancholy state would vanish and the fighting spirit within me would arise because of the strength and character that the horse typifies.

"Have you given the horse its strength
or clothed its neck with a flowing mane?
Did you give it the ability to leap like a locust?
Its majestic snorting is terrifying!
It paws the earth and rejoices in its strength
when it charges out to battle.
It laughs at fear and is unafraid.
It does not run from the sword.
The arrows rattle against it
and the spear and javelin flash.
It paws the ground fiercely
and rushes forward into battle when the ram's horn blows.
It snorts at the sound of the horn.
It senses the battle in the distance.
It quivers at the captain's commands and the noise of battle."
Job 39:19-25 (NLT)

I believe God wants His children to be like a horse, ready and willing to do battle on our Captain's command. We are to be strong and courageous for God as He rides with us, directing all our moves. We are to never be afraid, because the Lord Almighty is with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment