Sunday, February 05, 2012

The Right Leader For A Nation Is The Lord Jesus Christ

My most favourite movies to watch are the old black-and-white war movies. (OK, I'll admit, perhaps I'm not your typical female.) However, only one of my sons takes after me in this respect, and that's my oldest. My other three sons would rather go do something else while we watch.

Normally, I hardly watch any movies because I lose interest extremely quickly. However, put on a war movie, and you've got me hooked — as long as their is no swearing or sexual content. (This's why the older movies are typically my favourite.) Daniel and I watched two of them yesterday afternoon. They were great! I love the psychology and strategic planning behind war because I'm extremely analytical.

Watching war movies got me thinking about Biblical history. In the Bible, every time God's people steered away from Him and started living in sinful abomination, God allowed another nation to conquer and enslave His people. Eventually, when God's people turned their hearts back to Him and lived according to His ways, then God would rescue them, giving them victory over their enemies.

Unfortunately, it seems that the people in struggling nations today could stand to learn more of Biblical history. If they did, they would find that if they humble themselves and seek the face of God in prayer, God would hear their pleas and restore their nation.

Still, there are many people who foolishly look for a human being in whom they can put their trust. They think that a mere human being will be the one who can solve their nation's problems and restore it to prosperity. And so they futilely search for the right man or woman to deliver them from their economic recession. But the right man is and will always be the Lord Jesus Christ.

The Bible says God is the only One who can restore a nation, and He will, if the people turn from their wicked ways and turn their hearts to Him.

"Then if my people who are called by my name
will humble themselves and pray
and seek my face
and turn from their wicked ways,
 I will hear from Heaven
and will forgive their sins
and restore their land."
2 Chronicles 7:14 (NLT)

An aspiring leader will sometimes call him/herself a "Christian" to get more votes from the people, but a true Christian is always shown by the fruits of his/her personal life and by his/her integrity. A leader who is a true Christian will show humility and will continually seek the face of God, using God's wisdom and God's Word to guide him/her in his/her decision-making.


"Vote for God. Don't vote for me."

I have yet to see humility in an rising national leader who promotes God and not himself/herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment