Wednesday, November 12, 2014

A Foreigner On Earth, But A Citizen In Heaven

I felt like a foreigner in my home growing up, a foreigner at school, a foreigner in my neighbourhoods, (believe it or not) a foreigner in Bible college, and sadly a foreigner in most churches I have attended. I don't fit in. I guess you can say I am a nerd for Christ. I love His Word! I love His Law! I love serving Him! I love Him!

"All these people died
still believing what God had promised them.
They did not receive what was promised,
but they saw it all from a distance
and welcomed it.
They agreed that they were foreigners 
and nomads here on earth."
Hebrews 11:13 (NLT)

Life on earth can feel very lonely at times, but I must keep my focus on Heaven because in Heaven I will finally fit in.


"But we are citizens of heaven,
where the Lord Jesus Christ lives.
And we are eagerly waiting for Him
to return as our Saviour."
Philippians 3:20 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment