Saturday, November 29, 2014

Please Your Neighbor


"Each of us is to please his neighbor
for his good,
to his edification."
Romans 15:2 (NASB)

This is my neighborhood at Christmas time. Yesterday morning at 7:30 AM, I woke up to the sound of a vehicle stuck in the snow. When I looked out the window, I saw my next-door-neighbor who was on her way to work, struggling with the recent heavy snowfall. Unfortunately, she didn't have winter tires on her vehicle, only all-seasons.

I quickly got dressed, grabbed my snow shovel, and yelled at my sons who were all sleeping at the time, for one of them to help. I suspected I would need the extra strength to help push her vehicle out.

No amount of shoveling helped. Her tires were useless in deep snow and ice. Her vehicle would get unstuck, only to get stuck again a few yards up the road. 

Wisely, she gave up, turned her vehicle around, and went back home. Then got stuck again in her slanted driveway. This is when my son Chris came out. With his help we were able to push her vehicle back in her garage, where the car was safe from hurting her and other drivers on the road.

Hopefully the experience will cause her to realize the importance of winter tires in Alberta winters and buy a set. Winter tires here are more valuable than oil! And neighbors are more valuable than sleeping in.

No comments:

Post a Comment