Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Earth Has Nothing We Should Desire

Last Sunday's message ended with this question: "Do you have six people in your life who can be called upon to carry your casket down the aisle when you die?"

I wanted to stand up and respond, "I don't know, but does it really matter. All that matters is Jesus will be with me, and it will be Him, not any human being on earth, who will carry me to Heaven.


"Whom have I in heaven
but You?
And earth has nothing I desire 
besides You."
Psalm 73:25 (NIV)

Friends are a blessing from God, but when it comes down to it, all we really need is Jesus. There is nothing on earth we should desire but Him. After all, your friends might be able to carry your casket down the aisle, bu they won't be able to carry you to Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment