Friday, November 07, 2014

Every Day Brings Trouble For The Despondent


This morning I finally phoned the Buick service department to ask if my replacement tire came in. I was shocked to find out it did on October 31st, and the man who promised me twice he would call and let me know as soon as my tire came in, never did. Today makes it eight days he could have phoned me, but cared not to. His actions and his words to me a week and a half ago were all made in vain.

Later when I picked up my tire, I was surprised to see the manager come out to greet and take care of my needs. One of the workers also took me to the side and told me they have received many complaints about this particular man. Sadly, I got the impression, he was soon going to be fired. When I caught a glimpse of the man's face as he was talking to a customer on the telephone, he looked angry and stressed. I couldn't help but wonder what was really in his heart and life to cause him to not to be able to do his job.

"For the despondent,
every day brings trouble."
Proverbs 15:15a (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment