Wednesday, November 26, 2014

We Don't Live; Christ Lives In Us

When we become a child of God, our old self is crucified with Christ. We no longer live, but Christ lives in us. We now live in our earthly body by trusting, not in ourselves, but in the Son of God who now lives inside of us.

"My old self has been crucified with Christ.
It is no longer I who live,
but Christ lives in me.
So I live in this earthly body
by trusting in the Son of God,
who loved me
and gave Himself for me."
Galatians 2:20 (NLT)


When we give our hearts to God, we now have a desire to live for Him because God now lives inside us. The Christian life isn't trying to obey a bunch of rules. It simply means, we breathe for Him and this changes everything we say and do. This is why the commandments of God can be summed up to one: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind."

No comments:

Post a Comment