Monday, July 22, 2013

Acknowledging Jesus


One of the girls I used to babysit and bring to church with me when I lived in Kamloops offered to be a worker at VBS this year. It was great to see her again! This girl even invited a friend to VBS and politely introduced me to her. She was a lovely girl with a sweet smile, but painfully shy. I later discovered that this girl had never been to church before. At the end of the week of VBS, I gave out prizes to all the children who had memorized all five Bible verses. I was very surprised, and also so very delighted, when this girl approached me and told me in her soft voice that she had learned them all. I was even more surprised when she said them without any hesitation whatsoever, making not a single mistake. She must have practiced them continually at home. I gave her the top prize!!! Praise God for her and the girl who invited her! When I announced the winner, I don't know who had the bigger smile: the girl I used to babysit or the girl who won the prize!

The Bible says that anyone who acknowledges Jesus publicly on earth, He will also acknowledge in the presence of His angels.

"I tell you the truth,
everyone who acknowledges Me
publicly on earth,
the Son of Man
will also acknowledge
in the presence of God's angels."
Luke 12:8 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment