Friday, July 12, 2013

Your Unfailing Love Will Be My Comfort

We are getting ready to leave tomorrow morning to go to Kamloops, BC for the Vacation Bible School next week at Calvary Community Church. However, we will go with a heavy heart, as my father-in-law is in the hospital there. A few days ago the doctors discovered that he has cancer in his intestines. He was operated on, but we won't know for a few days yet if the cancer has spread.

My father-in-law is a servant of God. He has pastored many churches over his life-time, and he and his family were also home-missionaries in the Queen Charlotte Islands for nine years. Even now, he and his wife lead a small group in their home to teach others the truths found in God's Word.

I know God's unfailing love will be His comfort.

"May your unfailing love 
be my comfort,
according to Your promise
to Your servant."
Psalm 119:76 (NIV)


No comments:

Post a Comment