Friday, July 26, 2013

The Lord Will Hold You Close

On the last day of VBS, my sons and I took the two young ladies I used to babysit when they were young girls to the BC Wildlife Park. This wildlife park takes in and cares for orphaned baby animals that cannot survive on their own and then releases them in the wilds when they are old enough. The park also takes in permanently injured animals and cares for them for the rest of their lives.


At this beautiful wildlife park we were able to view an orphaned baby grizzly.


"Even if my father and mother abandon me,
the Lord will hold me close."
Psalm 37:10 (NLT)


Then we saw two tiny orphaned fawns.


"No, I will not abandon you as orphans —
I will come to you."
John 14:19 (NLT)

The Lord God is a father to all and holds each person close to His heart as He carries them gently in His strong arms.

"He tends His flock like a shepherd:
He gathers the lambs in His arms
and carries them close to His heart;
He gently leads those that have young."
Isaiah 40:11 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment