Thursday, July 11, 2013

Do Not Lose Heart

Yesterday, my two sons and I went shopping for the Family Fun Day scheduled in early September. When we walked into the first store of our choice, right at the entrance there was a sign posted above all the summer toys a few minutes just before we arrived. The sign said, "70 % off". Regularly each toy cost a dollar. God is so amazing! because I was able to purchase fifty kites and fifty bubble wands for only 30 cents each. Wow! Now that is a savings! Not only that but fifty was how many I needed of each item, and that was how many were on the shelves.

God encourages just at the right time! Recently I was getting frustrated about a few things in the children's ministry at my church. Things just didn't seem to be happening as quickly as I would have liked or should I be honest and say things just weren't happening at all.

Not only that but God answered another pray yesterday too when I was finally given the right person's name to contact so I could advertise the upcoming children's program in the community's August newsletter. I had tried for almost two weeks with no success or help, and almost gave up. With the right contact information, the task was achieved in only a few minutes.

Yesterday was certainly a reminder to me that since I have this ministry through God's mercy, I must not lose heart.

"Therefore, since through God's mercy
we have this ministry,

we do not lose heart."
2 Corinthians 4:1 (NIV)

I must look at the lilies to remind me of God's promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment