Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Be Joyful Always!


When a person is admitted into hospital, it is standard procedure for the receptionist to ask what religion you are. When I was at the hospital Monday, a cheerful, nice-looking Christian young man was brought in who was in his middle to late twenties. He laid in the bed next to me. His mother was his designated driver. When the nurse asked him if he drank or smoked, his response was joyful but humble: "No, I have never drank or smoked. I am a straight shooter." I discovered later that this young man is suffering from two autoimmune diseases affecting both his liver and bowels. I don't know if he knew it, but his answer and pleasant disposition was a great testimony for God to all the patients and nurses that day.

I couldn't help but smile to myself and think, "How God and his mother must be so proud!" He is doing God's will in being joyful always and in all circumstances. Now that's ministry!

"Be joyful always;
pray continually;
give thanks in all circumstances,
for this is God's will
for you in Christ Jesus."
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment