Saturday, July 13, 2013

Eyes To See And Ears To Hear The Needs Of Others

I was blessed last Sunday when a young girl came up to me and excitedly told me that she still remembers the memory verse I taught her three weeks ago in sign language. Then without any hesitation she spoke the verse using her hands, ending with the greatest smile on her face. "Wow!", I thought. One day God is going to use that precious soul because her heart is turned towards those who have the misfortune of not hearing. She told me she can't wait until next time when I can teach her more words. And I told her I can't wait to teach her!

During the week of Vacation Bible School next week, I again will teach the children to sign the major words in the songs we will be teaching them. They all respond to my delight and God's!

If we fear God, then we must respect and be helpful towards all people. And one way to show God's love to others is to learn their language.

"Do not insult the deaf
or cause the blind to stumble.
You must fear your God;
I am the Lord."
Leviticus 19:14 (NLT)


May we have eyes to see and ears to hear the needs of others and eagerly respond!

No comments:

Post a Comment