Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Children Are Ready To Learn More Of God's Word


"Intelligent people
are always ready to learn.
Their ears are open
for knowledge."
Proverbs 18:15 (NIV)

Children are intelligent! They are always ready to learn! Their ears are open for knowledge. And I love to teach them! When I teach them God's Word, I go beyond just teaching them the basics. I will recite to them the Bible stories in details and watch their eyes come alive hearing facts they never heard before. Then I will question them afterwards to see how many of those facts they grasped. I am always amazed at the results and find the younger elementary children are just as keen as the older ones.

Last week when I told the children the story of Joshua, all the children were shocked to hear that the angel who approached Joshua just before he reached the city of Jericho was not a female with a flowing white dress and large outstretched wings, but a warrior-looking man with a sword in his hand.

Not only that, I also teach children to memorize the Scripture verses using sign language, and every one of them now learns the verses much quicker and with much more enthusiasm, eagerly showing their parents afterwards how they can sign God's Word.

Teaching children is the key to keeping their interest in church. They want to learn more about who God is, who they are in God's eyes, and how to live for Him. Sadly, more and more churches today are mainly concerned about entertaining children than teaching them.

No comments:

Post a Comment