Thursday, August 01, 2013

God Is Our Rock

"There is no one holy
like the Lord;
there is no one besides You;
there is no Rock
like our God."
1 Samuel 2:2 (NIV)


"For who is God
besides the Lord?
And who is the Rock
except our God?"
2 Samuel 22:32 (NIV)

Last Sunday afternoon after the scheduled Children's Ministry Meeting, I became stressed out. I couldn't sleep for three nights worrying how was I going to accomplish what I wanted to accomplish in children's ministry when faced with complacency, indifference, and even one worker quitting. Finally on the third night, I decided this was ridiculous, and thought about just quitting myself. Then the Lord firmly spoke to me saying. "Put your trust in Me because I am Your Rock, not other people." At that moment peace flooded my being and I went soundly to sleep. Yesterday, I had a great day! My son and I went out for lunch, did some shopping together, and I worked out in my garden. I chose not to worry and left everything in God's hands. Then last night, a few things started to come together. It is only a start, but I know who my Rock is.

No comments:

Post a Comment