Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Radiant Glow Of God's Presence

After Moses met with God in the Tent of Meeting, he had to put a veil over his face because it shone too brightly for others to look upon.

"But whenever he went into the Tent of Meeting
to speak with the Lord,
he would remove the veil
until he came out again.
Then he would give the people
whatever instructions
the Lord had given him,
and the people of Israel
would see the radiant glow of his face.
So he would put the veil over his face
until he returned to speak with the Lord."
Exodus 34:34-35 (NLT)

When God visited me when I was a young girl and healed me of Perthes disease, the Pastor whom my mother called told her and me that we didn't have to convince him any further as soon as he saw me. He knew as soon as he saw my face, that I had been in the presence of God. My face shone so bright of God's glory and light that it was undeniably true.

Then about ten years ago, when my mother met the pastor in his old age and deteriorating health, the first thing he said to her was, "I still remember your daughter's face." It wasn't long after that God took him home to be in the His light and presence forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment