Saturday, July 02, 2011

The Creation Story

During the week of Pandamania Vacation Bible School, a Bible story will be told to the children each day reinforcing each of the five verses that they are encouraged to learn. For the next five days I will be studying each Bible story.

The first Bible account is found in the very first book and chapter of the Bible: Genesis 1. It is the Creation Story.  As I study this chapter in the Bible, the verse that speaks to me the most is verse 31.

"God saw all that He made and it was very good."
Genesis 1:31

God obviously had a great deal of fun creating the world for us. I would love to have been there to see His smile and the twinkle in His eyes as He brought into existence everything we see today. The diversity in the kinds of animals, birds, fish, trees, plants, and flowers are astounding! The colours are breathtaking! And just to think, God did all of this with us in mind!

Then God viewed all that He made and was very pleased with the results. He should be! Everything He created revealed His brilliance, ingenuity, magnificence and majesty. There is no doubt that we are not here by chance.

*     *     *

Yesterday I went for a walk in my neighbourhood and took pictures of God's creation for this blog. My favorite pictures were of these two prairie dogs, one of God's many delightful creatures.

I have never seen a prairie dog until I moved here two years ago. When I first saw one, I thought it might be a squirrel, until I noticed it didn't have a bushy tail. Then I thought for a moment it was a chipmunk, but it didn't have any black and white stripes. I gave up guessing and asked an old-timer walking by. He told me they were prairie dogs. Prairie dogs?! I have no idea why they are called "dogs". I looked on the internet and found out that they are called dogs because their warning call sounds like a dog's bark. For the two years I have lived here, I have seen hundreds of prairie dogs, and never have I heard them bark. Oh well, I guess I shouldn't question Wikipedia.

Prairie dogs sure have cute faces.


They have such sweet eyes.


However, the farmers around here think I am crazy admiring them. Apparently, prairie dogs are one of their worse enemies. They sure don't look like enemies to me, but I'm not a farmer either.

My other favorite picture I took was of wild daisies in a field.


Wild daisies are my second most favourite flower. My first are daffodils. I am easy and not expensive to please when it comes to giving me flowers. Most women love roses, carnations, etc. I love daisies and daffodils.

I think the reason I love daisies so much is because as a child I would  run through large fields of wild daisies, then lie down and hide from the world in them. I thought it was paradise!

God has created so much for our enjoyment. Take time each day to enjoy the things God has given us in creation for they truly are beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment