Thursday, July 28, 2011

I Am With You Always

The week we were doing VBS, we were all invited to the Seniors Pastor's house for a wonderful turkey dinner. There she showed me her journal. In her journal she writes at the end of each day something that occurred during day that she is thankful to God for. I thought this was such a great idea that yesterday I bought myself a journal to do the same.

The Seniors Pastor at one time suffered severe depression after a horrific tragedy to her family. Later, she became a Christian, went to Bible College and became a Pastor to both children and seniors. She has an amazing testimony and has recently written a book about it.

Negative thoughts can be harmful to your mind, body and soul. During those lonely moments when you start to feel depressed, go to God and His Word.

"Be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age."
Matthew 28:20

Then think of something that transpired during the day to thank God for.


Last night I wrote my first entry. "I am thankful to God that it finally stopped raining. I can now see the pretty blue sky again and it t looks like tomorrow will be a nice day. I am excited that I will be able to cut my lawn and work in my garden.

It is amazing how just a simple positive exercise can change your mood. If you struggle with negative thoughts of any kind, I recommend buying a journal to record daily all of God's blessings in your life.

*     *     *

Today is my son's birthday!


Happy Birthday Tim!


Matthew and I went to Walmart this morning to make him a birthday card with this picture that I took of him in his role for the dramas last week. He was the crazy hunter with a homemade gun that he talked and sang to.

We are celebrating Tim's birthday tomorrow when his older brother, Daniel, is free to attend his dinner party.

"You made all the delicate, inner parts of my 
body and knit me together in my mother's womb. 
Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! 
Your workmanship is marvelous — how well I know it."
Psalm 139:13-14

I believe every person's birthday is a time to celebrate, for God created each one of us and loves us immensely!

No comments:

Post a Comment