Monday, July 25, 2011

Giving From Their Hearts

On the last few days of Vacation Bible School, children began giving what they had to the workers in the Children's Ministry team to show their appreciation of all of us. I was truly blessed with great treasures. Three of the children gave me their beautiful cross necklaces that they had made. I was extremely delighted to wear all of them around my neck. I felt very honoured. Such unexpected gifts from the of kindness of the children's hearts will be forever remembered.


One precious boy even gave me his elegant cross that he made that day. I have now put that cross on my fridge as a daily reminder of his sweet thoughtfulness.


My son, Tim, also received a cross necklace from a girl. He wore it proudly all the way home. Even when we stopped at a restaurant to eat lunch, he never took it off.


These gifts are priceless and treasurable!

"And do not forget to do good and to share with others, 
for with such sacrifices God is pleased."
Hebrews 13:16

The children giving to us was a sign that they were responding to the Spirit of God, for it is in Scripture to do good and share with others. The children gave what they had, the beautiful crafts that they had made. They were great sacrifices and the heart of God was pleased!

This sacrificial giving did not occur in the beginning days, but in the last days of the week when the truths of God's Word and His love were being so absorbed by the children that they were compelled to act.

No comments:

Post a Comment