Sunday, July 10, 2011

Forever Reign

"When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world.
 Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, 
but will have the light of life."
John 8:12

Daniel chose "Forever Reign" by Hillsong and One Sonic Society. The lyrics of this beautiful song are as follows:

You are good. You are good,
When there's nothing good in me.
You are love. You are love,
On display for all to see.

You are light. You are light.
When the darkness closes in.
You are hope. You are hope.
You have covered all my sin.

You are peace. You are peace.
Whom my fear is crippling.
You are true. You are true,
Even in my wandering.

You are joy. You are joy.
You're the reason that I sing.
You are life. You are life.
In You death has lost its sting.

Oh, I'm running to Your arms.
I'm running to Your arms.
The riches of Your love will always be enough.
Nothing compares to Your embrace.
Light of the world, forever reign.

You are more. You are more,
Than my words will every say.
You are Lord. You are Lord.
All creation will proclaim.

You are here. You are here.
In Your presence I'm made whole.
You are God. You are God.
Of all else I'm letting go.

My heart will sing,
No other name,
Jesus, Jesus.

We have everything we need in Jesus:

He is good and perfect. 
He is love and His love is available for all. 
Jesus is light in the darkness of this world.
He is hope in our desperation. 
He is peace and in Him there is no fear. 
Jesus is true and faithful. He will never change,
He is joy, even in sadness we can still sing.
He is life because His sacrificial death paid the price for our sins.
Jesus is more than we could ever desire.
He is Lord and one day all of creation will bow at His name.
He is here and His beautiful presence encompasses us.
Jesus is God and there is no other god like Him.

When we have Jesus in our lives and hearts, we are made complete. There is nothing else we need in this world.

*     *     *

Yesterday, Matthew and I went to four computer stores looking for the right CDs to record the songs. We couldn't find the ones we wanted and became very discouraged.. Then a stranger mentioned the store "Staples". Matthew and I instantly looked at each other and thought, "Why not?" and headed off that direction. Believe in or not, we found the brand we wanted! There were even specially designed ones that we thought were really cool, so we bought them. The CDs actually look like mini records and they come in five different colours. 

Here is a picture of them.


We will soon start burning them. We are very excited! It has been a lot of hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment