Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Our God

"What shall we say about such wonderful things as these?
If God is for us, who can ever be against us?'
Romans 8:31

We taught the song "Our God" to the children last year and the children loved it so much that we are going to do this song again  If you haven't heard of this song yet, the lyrics are:

Water You turned into wine.
Open the eyes of the blind.
There's no one like You.
None like You.
Into the darkness, You shine.
Out of the ashes we rise.
There's no one like You.
None like You.

Our God is greater; our God is stronger.
God You are higher than any other.
Our God is Healer, awesome in power,
Our God, our God.

And if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us?
And if our God is with us, then what can stand against? (2x)
What can stand against?

I think the children loved this song so much because it instilled in their minds just how powerful God really is. God is the answer to all our prayers, whether a person is in need of a physical or emotional healing, or a miracle, or the restoration of a relationship or finances or provisions or deliverance from addictions. Nothing is too difficult for God! If God is for us, and with us, we have the strength and hope to proceed forward in this life, so we can be a blessing to God and to others.

"Our God" is a popular worship song in many churches here on Sunday mornings.

*     *     *

When I first moved to the Prairies, I knew nothing about farming.  Then July came and I was taken back at the beauty of the farm fields that were all in yellow blooms. It was breathtaking to behold, but I had no idea what  the plants were. I expected to see wheat or hay fields, but instead I saw these surrounding farm acreages of delicate yellow flowers. When  I asked my neighbour about them, he told me they were canola plants. They are now again in bloom and so yesterday I took a picture of them for you all to see. 


The French community in which we live in is just on the outskirts of the city. It is very picturesque at this time of year! The town also boasts a beautiful historic Roman Catholic Church built on a hill. I love hearing the thundering deep resonant tone of the church bell that is rung every hour during the day.

Here is a picture of this church:

No comments:

Post a Comment