Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Rooftops

"Shout to the Lord, all the earth; break out in praise and sing for joy!"
Psalm 98:4

Another Jesus Culture song we chose is called, "Rooftops". The lyrics are:

Here I am before You,
Falling in love and seeking Your truth,
Knowing that Your perfect grace,
Has brought me to this place.
Because of You I freely live.
My life to You, Oh God, I give;
So I stand before You, God.
I lift my voice 'cause You set me free.

So I shout our Your Name.
From the rooftops I proclaim,
That I am Yours. I am Yours.

All the good You've done for me,
I lift up my hands for all to see.
You're the only one who brings me to my knees.
To share this love across the earth,
The beauty of Your holy worth;
So I kneel before You, God.

I lift my hands 'cause You set me free.

Here I am, I stand, with arms wide open,
To the One, the Son, the Everlasting God.

This song is a declaration of giving our lives to God. We will teach the children this song during the latter days of the week of Pandamania Vacation Bible School, when the children have had to chance to make that personal commitment to God if they haven't done so already.

I will teach the children to sign all the key words in the songs we sing, but when it comes to the words, "I lift up my hands for all to see", then I will teach them to lift their hands towards God. I love watching the children do this. If touches my heart to see all the children worshipping God in this way, and if it touches my heart, just think how it must touch the heart of God. Many adults today are uncomfortable raising their hands. I try to teach the children in song to do this, so when they reach adulthood, they will not feel inhibited to lift their hands towards God as a form of worship.

*     *     *

I was able to take a picture the other day of my Yorkshire Terrier and Angora cat in their pet bed. My Yorkie just got a new stuffy, so he brought it to bed with him for the night. He loves to chew, and carry around a stuffy for you to throw it, so he can retrieve it for you. I have to replace his stuffy periodically because once he has chewed a hole in it, he takes all the stuffing out and leaves it all around the house. He is quite the character, and so is the cat. I would like to catch the cat playing the piano one time, so I can record him doing it. The only problem is that I would have to get up in the middle of the night to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment