Saturday, July 02, 2011

Your Hand of Blessing

The last verse on day five of Pandamania Vacation Bible School is:

"You go before me and follow me. You place Your hand
 of blessing on my head."
Psalm 139:5


I placed this panda bear in my apple tree that I planted two years ago when I first moved to this new house. I still don't have any apples yet, but the tree is growing nicely despite the cold winters here.

This last verse tells us that God goes before us and after us to protect and defend us against our enemies. We don't need an army. We have the almighty God!

God is so near us that He places His hand of blessing on our heads to give us the power and providence to proceed in the travels of our lives. We never have to be afraid! God is for us! Who cares who is against us! There is no power on earth that can stand against the forces of God.

*     *     *

Yesterday was Canada Day and I enjoyed seeing the small town in which I live in celebrate this special day. There were lots of fun activities planned throughout the day for all the children and their families. Then the day ended with a magnificent display of fireworks

I remember the first time I ever saw a fireworks display. It was actually on July Fourth in the United States after I completed my first year of Bible College. A bunch of other Bible college students were there also because the border was so close by. I know it was crazy. Here we were Canadians, celebrating the Fourth of July with Americans, only three days after Canada Day; but at that time Canadians weren't as patriotic as Americans were. Despite the fact that I was a Canadian, I had a lot of fun and enjoyed the fireworks demonstration very much! It was a spectacular night! After all, we are neighbouring countries, eh? I even ended up marrying an American.

No comments:

Post a Comment