Monday, July 11, 2011

The Way

"Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life.
No one can come to the Father except through me."
John 14:6

"The Way" by Jeremy Camp is the song Chris chose. It's a great song! Here are the lyrics:

All creation cried out with longing,
With groans only You could comprehend,
And with wisdom, You always answer,
And give the words of life so unfailing.

And Your glory shines all around us.
Your faithfulness shown for all to see.
When we think of all of Your wonders,
The beauty of Your plan that's been revealed,
We walk in Your light. We walk in it.

Shine, bright.
Let Your glory fill this land.
Lift high, the King of kings and great I am.
Jesus, You are the way
You are the way.

We can see the works of Your loving hands.
With a hope and peace not made by man.
When You poured out Your grace and Your mercy,
And You held out Your arms so we could see.
You bled for all mankind and set the captive free.

Na, na, na, na, na, na, Jesus.

This worship song teaches the children to desire God's glory to shine and fill this land. All we have to do is look around and we can see God's glory. It is evident in His magnificent wonders in creation, in His Word, the Bible, and in the miracles He performs daily, However, when we worship God with a true heart, His glory will be magnified in His presence in a much greater sense. Our worship to Him brings a hope, peace and joy that is not attainable from any other source, but God alone. I pray the children will learn and earnestly desire to worship God for eternity.

*     *     *

Our pets have taken on the characteristics of our family. We have a Sheltie that sings on command and a cat that plays the piano; however, only at night when everyone is sleeping. One time, the cat played the piano for such a long duration, my sons didn't believe it was her. I didn't think so either. I thought one of them had gotten up, started sleep-walking and went to the piano to play. It just sounded too good for the cat to be playing. While I was still in bed, I yelled out to who I thought was one of my sons, "Will you stop playing the piano and go back to bed. People are sleeping!" I didn't get any response and kept hearing music, so then I got really scared.  The thought came to mind that maybe a drunken stranger broke into the house. When I snuck into the living room, to my shock and relief,  I saw the cat jump off the piano bench. I guess it shouldn't be a surprise that even my animals love music!

Here is a short video of my dog singing. The noise, I mean song, brought the cat from downstairs to dash to where Barney was. I'm not too sure it the cat enjoys Barney's singing or not? I will let you decide for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment