Monday, May 27, 2013

Face Reality: Go To God's Word

Jesus Christ takes care of His children like a shepherd takes care of his sheep. In Him we have everything we need. There is never any reason to worry or fear, for God is always close beside us, protecting us with His mighty power and comforting us with His unfailing love. Like a shepherd letting his sheep rest in green meadows, God allows us to rest in His presence at anytime through our devotions, our prayers, and our worship of Him. And like a shepherd leads his sheep beside peaceful streams and guides them along right paths, Jesus leads us to peace, fulfilment, and righteous living through the truths of His Word and the voice of His Holy Spirit.


"The Lord is my Shepherd;
I have all that I need.
He lets me rest in green meadows;
He leads me beside peaceful streams.
He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
bringing honour to His Name.
Even when I walk
through the darkest valley,
I will not be afraid,
for You are close beside me.
Your rod and Your staff
protect and comfort me.
You prepare a feast for me
in the presence of my enemies.
You honour me by anointing my head with oil.
My cup overflows with blessings.
Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me
all the days of my life,
and I will live in the house of the Lord forever."
Psalm 23 (NLT)

The reality of being a child of the King is that we are well provided for, given times to rest, led, renewed with strength, guided, accompanied by Him, protected, comforted, honoured, blessed, loved, and alive with Jesus forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment