Friday, May 03, 2013

It Is Not For You To Know

The week Brian and I were in Sedona, it was spring there but winter here: while snow was falling in Alberta, flowers were blooming in Sedona. Here are a few pictures I took of spring in Sedona.








While I was taking these pictures, I was optimistically anticipating that when we got back home, winter would have ended and the snow would all have melted. Unfortunately, such was not the case. Since arriving back home, there has still been snow falls up until a few days ago. It has been an exceptionally long winter this year in Edmonton. But as I sit here by my computer with my bedroom window open, as I see the sun's rays are pouring in, and hear the sounds of birds singing, and smell the fresh air permeating my room, I realize that winter is over and spring is finally here.

Alberta's long winter this year is a reminder that none of us can predict the exact day when each season will end and the next one begin, because it is the Father who determines, by His own authority and power, when each season will start. It is the same with everything else in our lives and in our world. Time is in God's hands and it is not for us to know, but to trust in our Father.

"He said to them,
'It is not for you to know times
or seasons
that the Father has fixed
by His own authority.'"
Acts 1:7 (ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment