Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Finished Product

This week I decided to finally paint my dresser white to match my Victorian style bed. The dresser was originally black. I saw it in a furniture store off to the side in the clearance section. It was damaged and the price cheap. After a closer inspection, Tim and I came to the conclusion that it was repairable. In my mind I saw the finished product and bought it. Tim fixed it and now I just finished painting the fourth coat of white paint to cover up the original black color. I also went to a hardware store to buy new flowered ceramic drawer knobs. Then to give it a finishing touch I made a spray of flower arrangements to place above the mirror, matching the flowers on the knobs. I was able to create it from items I bought at the dollar store. It only cost me $10. The dresser now looks beautiful! I absolutely love it!

Here is a picture of the finished product:


It gives me such delight to make something beautiful out of something that was damaged and discarded. God is the same way. It gives Him great pleasure to work in each one of us by giving us the desire and the power to fulfill His perfect plan for each of our lives.

"For it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill His good purpose."
Phillippians 2:13

When we come to God, He doesn't focus on our weaknesses and faults. Instead, He sees the finished product! God can make something beautiful out of each one of us no matter how damaged or discarded we may feel.

Don't focus on past hurts and mistakes. Just give your heart and life to God and He will make something beautiful out of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment