Monday, August 15, 2011

With Joyful Songs

Whenever any of my sons took high school biology (and they all did), I would get so excited when it came time for them to do their bug project. They had to collect a variety of insects from outdoors. My sons hated to do this, but I loved it! Insects fascinate me! I guess I am not your typical female. It was me who went outdoors every day eagerly looking for bugs to pin onto each of my sons' projects, with the unenthusiastic son dragging behind. Now you know why many of my blogs have pictures of insects.

This one is obviously a grasshopper. I thought it had an interesting pattern of colouring.


Male grasshoppers are the ones that sing by rubbing the pegs on their hind legs against their forewings or abdomen to make a musical sound. They sing to attract females. I love to hear them in the quiet of the night on summer days when the window is left open. I always wondered if they are singing to their Creator.

The Bible says, God rejoices over us with joyful songs! I believe God made the grasshoppers and crickets to sing for us on summer days as His way of showing His joy and delight in creating us!

"For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a mighty Saviour.
He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will
calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs."
Zephaniah 3:17

Next time you hear those beautiful soothing sounds of nature, remind yourself that it is God rejoicing over you!

No comments:

Post a Comment