Sunday, August 14, 2011

Just God And Me

A few nights ago when I went for my evening walk, the thunder and lightning had ceased. The rains had finally stopped, so I eagerly gathered my two dogs and went out the front door with my camera in hand. It is amazing how God speaks to you through His creation. As I was half-way through my walk, pondering many things, I felt compelled to look up. I am sure glad I did for I beheld the majesty of God. There was a break in the dark clouds and the evening rays of sunshine had broken through.


"He is like the light of morning at sunrise on a cloudless morning, 
like the brightness after rain that brings the grass from the earth."
2 Samuel 23;4

I couldn't help but think how many times have I been so busy and my mind so cluttered with thoughts that I missed out on God wanting to reveal Himself to me. My walks now have become precious moments where I can be alone with God, so He can share His thoughts.

Take time each day to enjoy God! He wants so much to bless you with His presence!

My dog, Barney, the Sheltie, is calm and easy to take a picture of; but Barlow, the Yorkie, is a different story. He is very hyper and can't sit still long enough for a picture to be taken. As a result, the picture is only of Barney and me. I can be like Barney and sometimes I can be like Barlow. I can get so busy that if God wanted to take a picture of me, He couldn't, and other times I sit quietly at His feet and listen. I hope in the future I become less active and give more of my time to God, when I am quiet and still.

Just Barney and me. Barlow is chasing dragonflies right now.


It is God's earnest desire to have times when it is just you and Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment