Thursday, August 11, 2011

I Died For You

When I went for my walk to one of the beautiful parks in town, I came across a mother duck and her sweet babies. I had the dogs with me, so the mother duck became frightened for her children. She called to her ducklings and they followed her into the thick bulrushes to hide. Then she came out of the bulrushes and started making noises to distract the dogs from finding her precious babies. My dogs are always on the leash, so she didn't have to worry, but she obviously didn't know that. The mother duck wasn't taking any chances.


The Bible says God acts the same protective way to His children and that is what we are when we accept Jesus into our hearts. We become His precious sons and daughters.

"He will cover you with His feathers. He will shelter you with His wings.
 His faithful promises are your armour and protection."
Psalm 91:4


The mother duck has safely hidden her babies and is now swimming away from them. Just like this mother duck was willing to die for her babies, God died for us.

"But God showed His great love for us by sending Christ to die for us
 while we were still sinners."
Romans 5:8

The mother duck fears for her ducklings. Because of the sacrifice God made for us, we can now live in a place where there will be no fear of anyone being able to snatch you from His loving hands. You will be forever protected! The evil one will no longer be a threat.

"I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; 
no one will snatch them out of my hand."
John 10:29

No comments:

Post a Comment