Friday, August 12, 2011

No More Death

On one of my daily walks recently, I noticed a beautiful dragonfly laying on the sidewalk in perfect condition, except for a "minor" fact: it was dead. I took a picture of it as it is very hard to take a picture of dragonflies when  they travel so fast. You hardly ever find them still, unless of course they are no longer alive. I looked on the internet and discovered that the life span of a dragonfly is only a month. I guess the month was up for this one.


The death of this dragonfly is a reminder that all living things will eventually come to an end, but the Bible says in Heaven there will be no more death.

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death, 
or sorrow, or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever."
Revelations 21:4

Once we are in Heaven, all pain and sadness will cease to exist. You will no longer experience the grief of losing a loved one or saying good-bye to those you love. Even the memory of such sorrowful things that you experienced here on earth will be gone forever. Only gladness, pleasure and peace of mind will dominate your whole being and all those around you.

"In My Father's house are many rooms: if it were not so, 
I would have told you.
 I am going there to prepare a place for you."
John 14:2

And just to think, God is excitedly preparing a place for each one of His children! He waits anxiously expecting as we wait eagerly to meet Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment