Wednesday, June 22, 2011

We Lack Nothing In God

My son, Chris, loved to play in my kitchen cupboards when he was a toddler. His favorite thing to play with was my large green mixing bowl. He had many store-bought toys to play with, but he was content to be near me in the kitchen and play with my bowls.

The closer we get to Jesus, the more content we get — so much so that we are in need of less worldly material things to make as happy. Just like my son was the most content to be near me and play with plastic bowls than to be away from me and play with elaborate colourful toys in the playroom. Oh, if we could learn from children, how much happier we would be and less money we would spend.


"The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside quiet waters.
He refreshes my soul."
Psalm 23:1-3a

I am clinging to this verse because at the present time I don't have a vehicle to drive. I know God will provide. I just desperately need His wisdom right now. I will be exchanging my 2006 RAV4 for another vehicle on the lot. This is my only option, as the mechanics cannot determine what caused the brakes to fail three times. I am thankful to God that I never got into an accident, However, I need God's wisdom to make the right decision. I don't want to be tempted/forced to buy something new, fancy or expensive if I don't need to. The picture of Chris reminds me that happiness does not come from expensive toys. I just want a reliable vehicle that will be safe to drive, so my family and I can continue the work that God has called us to do. I know that there is one out there that God has set aside for me. I just need God's guidance and wisdom to know which one it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment