Tuesday, June 07, 2011

I Hate Baths

This is a picture of my Persian/Himalayan cross cat. As you can see, I have just given her a bath and now she has a bad attitude. Like most cats, she hates baths. She was angry that I gave her a bath when she didn't want one. We too can develop a bad attitude when we have to do things that we do not want to do, even though it is for our own good.


"Have confidence in your leaders and submit to their authority, 
because they keep watch over you as those who must give 
an account. Do this so that their work may be a joy, not a
burden, for that would be of no benefit to you." 
Hebrews 13:17

My cat needed to trust me that it was time for her to have a bath, but she decided otherwise. The Bible says we are not to follow my cat's example. We are to trust those who care for us and obey them with a joyful heart, so that their work may be a positive experience and not a negative one. Likewise, we need to put our complete trust in God, our Heavenly Father, by obeying all His commandments, knowing that they are there for our own good, no matter how we may feel.

Now, don't anyone feel sorry for my cat. Her hair was greasy and malodorous. Believe me, she needed a bath! Too bad she didn't heed this Bible verse and make it more a positive experience for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment