Thursday, June 16, 2011

Humility of Christ

I was teaching the younger children one year, the story of Joseph, so I had Matthew dress up as Joseph using a colourful afghan that my neighbour loaned me. I spotted it one day when visiting her and an image came to my mind: the image of Joseph! (My mind is always programed that way. I can't seem to stop it.)


Jesus had no arrogance in Him whatsoever. Doesn't my son look arrogant though? I had to check my spirit after I took this picture. How easy it is for arrogance to set in our hearts. May we always have the humility and servant-attitude of Christ, so it is never about us, but others.

"But (Jesus) made Himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness."
Philippians 2:7.

The title Christian means "follower of Christ". As Christians we follow Jesus' example as set out for us in the Bible. It is mind-boggling to think that God, the Father Of All, the King Of Heaven And Earth and the Saviour Of All Men is a servant to us. In fact, He is the greatest servant of all! We must be careful then not to allow titles, talents, education, positions, or wealth to interfere with this mind-set. We as Christians are to be God's servants, serving humanity with a humble spirit like His Son, Jesus did.

Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve (Disciples) and said, "If anyone
wants to be first, he must be the very last,
and the servant of all."
Mark 9:35

No comments:

Post a Comment